Our Rental Terms apply to all services mentioned below.
PERSONAL DATA 24RENT COLLECTS FROM YOU
- We collect data about you in various ways from different sources, including our Customer Service, mobile phones, websites, rental vehicles, and third party service providers and business affiliates.
PURPOSE OF COLLECTED DATA
- We use data provided by you to provide you the services you have requested and to fulfill our legal obligations. For example, we need photos of your driver’s licence and your face to meet the requirement of the Driver’s Licence Act §33.
- We use the contact information you have provided to communicate with you and to be able to provide our services to you.
- We may use your contact information to inform you of our services, subject to your consent.
- We use personal data to analyze and improve our services and websites.
- We strive to recognize and prevent fraud and identity thefts to protect people from criminal activities.
- We strive to recognize any misuse of the service and possible issues as early as possible by using the collected data.
SHARING OF PERSONAL DATA
- We may share personal data to selected third parties.
- We do not sell your personal data to unrelated third parties, but may share with your consent your personal data to third parties for marketing purposes.
- We may transfer your personal data to countries other than the country in which you reside to be processed and stored in accordance with current laws.
- We may transfer your personal data to countries other than the country in which you reside to provide the services you request.
- In case of actual and suspected offences we may share your personal information to the authorities and private parking companies, for example.
PROTECTION OF PERSONAL DATA
- We do not transfer your personal data onto paper.
- We do not ask for, process, or store any of your payment-related data (passwords, online banking credentials, or credit card details) in any way. All payments are processed on the website of our payment service using their tools.
- We take the necessary steps to protect your personal data from theft, unauthorized use, disclosure, and changing.
- We maintain and develop safety measures to protect your personal data both through technology and company processes.
- We only keep your personal data to fulfill the purpose for which the data was collected and as allowed or required by law.
- You have the right to access the data we have on you. You also have the right to check and update the data.
- In certain cases you can also ask for your personal data to be corrected or removed, or you can limit the way your personal data is processed.
- We will answer your request to any of the above within 30 days.
- We will do our utmost to fulfill your request, but reserve the right to set some limitations and requirements. Some data cannot be removed immediately, for example, due to the requirements of the Accounting Act.
- If we use your consent as the basis for data processing, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time.
- If the processing is based on the legitimate interest of 24Rent or a third party, you have the right to object to the use of your personal data. This, however, means that you can no longer use the service. Note that we may still process the data if, for example, we need to exercise or defend legal claims.
YOUR QUESTIONS AND CHANGES TO OUR POLICY
- If you have questions about our privacy practices, you can contact our Data Protection Officer as detailed below.
This policy was last updated on November 1, 2021.
Contacting 24Rent or the Data Protection Ombudsman
24 Rental Network Oy
The contact person is the company’s Data Protection Officer. In matters related to your personal data, contact the Data Protection Officer by logging into the m.24Rent.fi site. In general privacy-related matters, you can reach them by email at email@example.com.
For the contact details of the Data Protection Ombudsman, visit https://tietosuoja.fi/en/private-persons.